Stroll around Gwanghwamun Square & Cheonggyecheon Stream

안녕하세요~  리안 입니다^^ 반갑습니다
Hello^^ I'm Riana~
It's yet my second day in Seoul, maybe part 2. We were having lunch in a restaurant at Bukchon-ro. Many restaurant here, and we screening at the menu and price. We want to try bbq, but it's pretty expensive here..
The restaurant is a two story building. The first floor is a bakery. I think because it's past lunch time, nobody was on the second floor.
Lunch
I order jjajangmyeon and grape juice. My other friend order jjamppong and orange juice. She really like noodles, she ask to eat noodles everytime we going to eat. the others buy set menu consist of 3/4 menu. Beef noodles, fried rice for her son and fried pork and soup.
The serving for my jjajangmyeon was much for me. I firmly share it with the other. I think I try the pork fried too, and it's taste sweet.
jjajangmyeon
Jjajangmyeon here is more pretty than in Bali island. I got meat, shrimp, quail egg, and some green herb. It's not suppose to eat alone right ? I think the taste is similar, but I prefer authentic Korean food. Jjajangmyeon literally is a Korean Chinese noodle dish. I like the black bean sauce here.
cake!!!
The first floor of the building is a bakery. I really want to try all of those cake. It's really pretty, cute and looks really yummy. I think it's price were more expensive than here in Bali. Those cake appearance very beautiful. The strawberry was really big. 
The slice cake around 6,000 won. The whole cake start from 20,000 won. I say good bye to the cake after take some picture here. There was some painting too.
berry bingsu
Even with fully stomach, I think dessert is a must. We eyeing this bingsu place before lunch, so we agree to come here after have lunch. We order one berry bingsu, because once again the portion was really big. We got many berry fruits, but it's mainly sour. Cold + sour = squinting eyes. It's totally awaken the sleepy me.
I think they put yogurt too, ice cream and condensed milk.
The bingsu place name is Coco Bruni, it's a coffee shop chain. 
King Sejong the Great
After having lunch and dessert we walk along Gyeongbokgung and go to Gwanghwamun Square. 
Gwanghwamun Square is divided into six sections. At its center stands a statue of King Sejong the Great, the fourth and most respected king of the Joseon Dynasty and a creator of Hangeul, Korea's alphabet.
The statue of King Sejong is the square's focal point. In front of the statue, the main inventions from King Sejong's reign are on display, including the hangeul alphabet and scientific instruments such as a sundial, rain gauge and celestial globe. visit seoul
Arirang - Piano Performance
Lucky me~~ I saw some people filming here. The pianist playing Arirang. It's really beautiful. He is so cool~ I watch him playing for some time. I think people who play piano is really cool~ Moving finger elegantly against the piano keys. I'll just stuck on keyboard.
Admiral Yi Sun-Shin
The statue of Admiral Yi Sun Shin was erected at the front of Gwanghwamun Square on April 27, 1968, in honor of the brave spirit and leadership of the Admiral.
At 17 meters tall, the bronze statue stands firmly with a sword in his right hand, representing protection and patriotism.
In front of the statue is a miniature turtle ship that the Admiral built, and at each front corner are two drums that were used to increase the morale of soldiers going to the battlefield

We stroll around at the flower carpet area and found this cute thing. We are taking many picture here. Because there was few people here, we fastly take a pose and take turn to take picture.

Indeed it's spring. We found other cute spot to take some picture. I'm not sure if it's a real flower or not. It's spring, but the sun was too strong, and the wind was really scary. But of course I enjoy this afternoon walk.
cheonggyecheon stream
Many people was sitting here along the cheonggyecheon stream. Just simply chit chat or playing with water. I think it will be refreshing if you put your foot in the stream. 
Cheonggyecheon is an 11 km long modern stream that runs through downtown Seoul. Created as part of an urban renewal project, Cheonggyecheon is a restoration of the stream that was once there before during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).
The stream starts from Cheonggye Plaza, a popular cultural arts venue, and passes under a total of 22 bridges before flowing into the Hangang (River), with many attractions along its length. visit seoul
rose ice cream
We move to Myeongdong. Strolling and drolling after saw many kind of food street. The first thing we bought here was this gela-rose thing. Ice cream shape like a rose. It's freaking cute. Despite the windy noon we try this ice cream too. I bought an ice cream from Milky Bee.
Myeongdong Cathedral
Our last destination for the day is Myeongdong Cathedral. It's really huge and the architecture is beautiful and stunning.
Myeongdong Cathedral is the very first Roman Catholic parish church in Korea. It is also the first Gothic building ever built in Korean and was designated as Historic site No. 285 in Korea. visit seoul

We found bbq place here in Myeongdong. We think it's on an affordable price so we having dinner here. We bought 4 portion of pork meat. I seriously love meat~~

pork meat bbq
I mean who won't fall in love for those meat and the smell. It's seriously delicious. I think I can finish all 4 portion by myself!! or not~~ We got plenty side dish too. I love Korean food because they give a big portion and many side dish. I want some meat now TT.TT

Line cafe
I always love this big guy. He literally there every year I come to MyeongDong. Huge, cute and soft guy^^ My friends requesting to go to this cafe. But I know she just want to have a picture with this big guy. Not many people queue for this guy that night.

Coco Bruni
76 Bukchon-ro 5 gil, Sogyeok-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
spring

Direction to Gwanghwamun Square
Option 1: Take Subway Line 5 to Gwanghwamun Station (Exit 2)
Option 2: Take Subway Line 1 to Jonggak Station (Exit 1). Continue for 450 meters to reach the square on the right.
Option 3: Take Subway Line 3 to Gyeongbokgung Station (Exit 6)

Direction to Cheonggyecheon Stream
City Hall Station (Seoul Subway Line 1,2), Exit 4. Walk 250 m north to Cheonggye Plaza.

Milky Bee & Gela Rosa
Address: 8-3 Chungmuro 2(i)-ga, jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Direction to Myeongdong Cathedral
Take Subway Line 4 to Myeongdong Station (Exit 6). Turn left onto Myeongdong 8-gil and continue for 350 meters. Turn right onto Myeongdong-gil and continue for 180 meters to reach the cathedral on your right. (theseoulguide.com)

Direction to Line Cafe - Myeongdong
Address: 24-39 Chungmuro 1 (il)-ga, jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Myeong Station Exit 6 turn left and walk straight, turn left at Nature Republic. Walk straight and Line Cafe will be on your left.

That was my second day in Seoul. For summary from last week post, I went to:
One Day Hanbok - Gyeongbokgung Palace - Lunch - Coco Bruni - Gwanghwamun Square - Cheonggyecheon Stream - Rose ice cream - Myeongdong Cathedral - BBQ for dinner - Line Cafe
See you next time^^ Bye bye~ 안녕!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Movie Review: Door Lock

Blood and Ties

Bibimbap - 비빔밥