Korean food - Arirang

Yesterday me and my friend went to our favorite korean restaurant in the town, Arirang. It's past lunch time, so there is just the two of us. After ordering, we got free water to drink, and free refill too. The eating utensils all from stainless. I like the cute cup. There's a spoon and chopstick on every table. My favorite spot is in front of the TV. We usually watch korean channel here, but today the electricity was down so we can't watch it. The waitress turn on kpop music, and I singing along.
The first one to came is side dish. It's my friend, Ika favorite side dish, kimchi. Kimchi (hangul 김치) is a traditional fermented korean side dish made of vegetableswith a variety of seasonings. This kimchi made from cabbage as the main ingredients. I can eat this kimchi but I prefer not to. The taste was strong for me, but when I ate kimchi at one of restaurant in Seoul I can endure the taste. It's not as strong as this kimchi.
The second side this is my favorite. I really love this steamed eggplant - gaji namul (hangul 가지나물). I like the sweet taste and the soft texture, I even ask for refill. I never let Ika to touch this side dish. It's an everyday korean side dish. Steaming and seasoning eggplants are the most common cooking methods used for this dish. But it can also be stir fried.
Next side dish is spicy radish salad - mu saengchae (hangul 무생채). The color is same as kimchi but I like this one. It's taste so refreshing, crunchy, and slight flavor of kimchi. That's why I prefer this than kimchi. It's one of the easiest and most common korean side dish. We got 4 kind of side dish here and free refill. We refill kimchi and steamed eggplant.
We usually order 3 kinds of food for our lunch. The first one is meat pancake - gogi jeon (hangul 고기전). It's one of jeon variety. Jeon is made with various ingredients, and for this it's used sliced meats and vegetable and mixed with flour batter or coated with egg bater and the pan fried with oil. A little disappointed, because the batter not fully cooked, maybe because it's too thick. 
Tadah~ The second dish is our favorite stew. Soft tofu stew - sundubu jjigae (hangul 순두부찌개) is a korean stew. The dish is made with fresh tofu, vegetables, mushrooms, onion, meat and gochujang (chilli paste) or gochu garu (chili powder). The tofu is very soft, it's hot, spicy and delicious. I love to eat this while it's still hot, but the burn sensation on my mouth is killing me. Soft tofu stew is one of the most popular items in korean restaurants.
Literally I love korean meat dish. This dish is one of my favorite meat dish. Bulgogi (hangul 불고기) is a korean dish that usually consists of grilled marinated beef. This dish is really delicious, the meat is soft, the sauce is superb. I wrap the meat with lettuce, steamed eggplant, spicy radish salad, garlic, and chili. The taste is heaven for me. The meat thinly sliced into one bite size. I really savoring the taste.
Usually I give up first, than Ika will finished all the foods. We got 1 portion rice for free, and she will finished half portion or more. I need to stop her from eating that much. 그만 먹어~ That's all from our eating experience. See you next time~~ 안녕^^

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Movie Review: Door Lock

Blood and Ties

Bibimbap - 비빔밥