My Last Trip at Semarang

It's my last day at Semarang. Today Ka Ega went back to Tanjung Pinang, so it's just me and Ka Iren. After having breakfast, we went to Lawang Sewu. It's really a hot day today.
It was the new year holiday, so this place was really crowded. We queue to bought the ticket. The ticket is really affordable, around 10,000 IDR. It's more cheaper for the students.
I saw many family came here. Kids, teenager, parents and grandparents came to sightseeing, despite of the hot weather.
The place was really huge, many wooden door and window. Many picture presents here. Painting of Lawang Sewu showed at some rooms.Many door was locked too.

Lawang Sewu from a far
Lawang Sewu Semarang is an old building in Semarang, Central Java, which is the office of the Nederlands-Indische Maatschappij or NIS Spoorweg. Built in 1904 and completed in 1907. The monument is located on the roundabout that used to be called Wilhelminaplein Young.
painting of Lawang Sewu
Local people call it Lawang Sewu (Thousand of Doors) because the building has a door that very much. In fact, the doors are not up to a thousand. The building has many windows high and wide, so people often think of it as the door (mace).
elegant window
Lawang Sewu is a historic landmark built by the Dutch colonial government, on February 27, 1904. The building was originally established for use as Het Hoofdkantoor van de Nederlansch Indische Spoorweg Maatscappij (NIS) or the office of Private Railway Company NIS.
vacationplace
Train model
From its luxurious architectural style to historical value, Lawang Sewu has many stories to tell. It was first established by Dutch to be used as the head office of railway company. But in 1942, this building was taken over by Japanese and turned into prison and torment place where many people died terribly.
 The Daily Roar
me & Ka Iren

After walking inside the Lawang Sewu we ended exhausted and thirsty. We decided to sit at a garden outside the building. We sit under a huge mango tree and enjoying the soft breeze. There's local grup artist playing music and singing here.
I feel sleepy and hungry. We decided to leave and went to having lunch. We went to Seoul Palace for lunch. There was diversion of traffic flow due to new year event.

BBQ
We tried the BBQ here. Inside this pot there is marinated beef, chicken, squid, and leek. The staff grill the meat with using charcoal. The smell of the meat was really great. It's indeed tasty and delicious.
I really love meat^^ The portion was plentiful. My tummy was happy~~ They giving many kind of side dish too. I don't know many of the side dish. I never saw it when I ate here in Bali.
tasty side dish
We had kimchi, salad, beans, macaroni, anchovy, cucumber kimchi and soup as the side dish. I ordered free refill tea. It's savourless. I drank 2 glass of tea. It's refreshing after having a hot day outside.
fried food
We ordered fried food too. We had zucchini, tofu, meat and chili fried. The chili was big, and I thought it will be spicy. Luckily it didn't taste spicy. My favorite is tofu and zucchini fried. It's tasty^^
ice cream at toko eon
After finishing our lunch, I feel damn sleepy. We went to a mall. I bought shirt and pants for my father. I bought a video editing program and a headphone.
I feel stuffy and slight headache because there was many people there. We went to Toko Oen afterward. We enjoying ice cream here. I feel hungry again after the shopping session.
The last thing that I bought is lumpia Semarang. It's really huge and expensive per portion. Fortunately, it's so tasty. I craving for that lumpia now TT.TT
Lumpia Semarang
That was my trip story at Semarang. I enjoying new year there. Thank you for Ka Iren and family for the great hospitality and for Ka Ega who spare her busy time to having a vacation with us. I hope we can go to other place for vacation again. I really love you girls~~
Have a great and blessed day every one^^ See you next time..


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Movie Review: Door Lock

Blood and Ties

Bibimbap - 비빔밥