Day 2: Rainy Jogjakarta

rainy day
We wake up at 3.30 AM thanks to someone's alarm --' I wake up and grab a glass of warm water and some piece of brownies. I take the first turn to showering. We left the house around 5.30 AM. I fell a sleep as soon as I sit in the car. It's raining and I should bring a blanket TT.TT I wake up and saw a mountain then a sleep again. The unnies wake me when we arrived at a restaurant for breakfast. I ordered red bean soup, rice, tempe bacem and warm orange water. The rain didn't stop pouring. I feels gloomy. I do love rain, but not when I'm on vacation. My stomach is full and I fell asleep again.
Finally, we arrived at Borobudur Temple. It's rain and we rent umbrellas for 10,000 IDR. It's really a lot visitor there. Even the parking lot was full. I pay for 30,000 for entrance ticket. Because it's holiday season, I saw a lot of students here. I bought a train ticket for 7.500 IDR and I got a small mineral water along with the ticket. The scenery all the way to the temple is all green grass and lot of tree around, and I saw elephants in their cage.
many visitor came
Borobudur Temple is a Buddhist temple, dating from the 8th and 9th centuries. It was built in three tiers: a pyramidal base with five concentric square terraces, the trunk of a cone with three circular platforms and, at the top, a monumental stupa. The walls and balustrades are decorated with fine low reliefs, covering a total surface area of 2,500 m2. Around the circular platforms are 72 openwork stupas, each containing a statue of the Buddha.
UNESCO

Borobudur is a World Cultural Heritage no. 592. I saw lot of good thing here. We climbed many stairs, it's a bit slippery because of the rain. It was the first time I came to this temple. It's really huge, awesome, pretty, and beautiful. We spents couple of hours here. Waiting for the unnies when climb here. I feel so happy, because finally I can visit this place.
Borobudur temple represents many layers of Buddhist theory. The temple is in the shape of a traditional Buddhist mandala. Three zones of consciousness represented.
Zone 1: Kamadhatu
 Kamadhatu level consists of 160 reliefs depicting scenes of Karmawibhangga Sutra, the law od cause and effect. Illustrating the human behaviour of desire, the reliefs depict robbing, killing, rape, torture and defamation.
Zone 2: Rapadhatu
The four square levels of Rapadhatu contain galleries of carved stone reliefs, as well as a chain of niches containing statues of Buddha. In total there are 328 Buddha on these balustrade levels which also have a great deal of purely ornate reliefs.

Zone 3: Arupadhatu
The terraces contain circles of perforated stupas, an inverted bell shape, containing sculptures of Buddha, who face outward from the temple. There are 72 of these stupas in total. Unlike the stupas surrounding it, the central stupa is empty.

The total of 540 Buddha are in meditative pose, and the 6 different hand positions represented throughout the temple, often according to the direction the Buddha faces
Borobudur Park


The three of us enjoying the scenery. We stopped at every level and walk encircle every level. I feel grateful because the rain, I didn't sweating when I climb until the top. I thought the local people won't come because it's raining, I definately wrong. Besides the students, I saw lot of family came here. I saw many Japanese tourist too. The tour guide tell them about the story of the temple. I saw some locals family with tour guide too. Sometimes I eavesdrop and nodding along. It's really interesting.
We finish the tour here long time after lunch. I feels so hungry. We decided to eat traditional food from Jogjakarta. We ate at a Gudeg restaurant. It's my first time eat the real gudeg from Jogjakarta. I'm anticipated this.
gudeg Jogja
I knew gudeg taste is sweet, but I didn't knew it will be more sweet than what I am imagine before. We ate gudeg kering. My mom usually made gudeg basah. I threw away that one piece of big chili. I literally didn't like spicy food. There is boiled egg, chicken meat, unripe jack fruit, and others. I ate a lot of rice today TT.TT
After fulfiling my wish to eat gudeg, we go to buy pia Jogja. I specifically ask for pia premium Citra. I asked my friend where to buy it, and the driver bring us there. I bought 2 box of those pia. I asked for chocolate, cheese and durian pia. I gave a box to my aunty.
packing my order

Than we went to the famous street at Jogjakarta, Jalan Malioboro. Due to end of the year holiday, many people visit this places. Too bad we didn't get place to park, so we just pass by and take a glance from the car. I went to buy kain batik for my mom and my aunty. We visit several places, and I confused which one to buy. I bought 2 with base blue color with different motif for them.
We went back to Semarang. The travel was tough, because there was traffic everywhere. We arrived home around 10.30 PM. I grabbed some pie susu and bronies for late night snack. Showering and the first ones to rest and a sleep nicely^^

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Movie Review: Door Lock

Blood and Ties

Bibimbap - 비빔밥